Flying Swallow? More like Space Swallow, HAHAHAHAH aw yeah

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> MUGEN Strider characters, Which are NOT Hiryu or Hien!
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Dec 20 2014, 12:00 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Wiki Staff Member
Zenny: 4280

Donate
Member No.: 18

Dunno if anyone here plays MUGEN (the make-your-own-fighting-game engine), but this seemed like a nice thing to bring on here:

So, I decided to look around the Mugen scene after a long while, to see if there was anything interesting done. And as it seems, there's a Mugen creator named BOH who is into Strider!

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B36D9FB44668...14&sc=documents

Here you can download his four finished chars: Hakutyo (an original character edit), Hiryuko (the mandatory female Hiryu) and the most interesting ones: Kain and Mattick...or Matic, as we know him around here http://I.imgur.com/fa1oWvM.gif

Kain ("Reinhard" in-game, for some reason) is a nice edit, although the author felt the need to give him this huge-ass scimitar that seems so out of place. Outside that, he's got some nice tricks, an Hyper where he uses his manga rocket gun and even a palette based on his Nintendo Power "beige uniform" artwork.

Matic, on the other hand, is much more faithful to his manga self, with his long Cypher and some slow-but-strong attacks. But what really makes it an interesting character is that he comes with four assist characters straight from the manga: Arana, Kubira, Yuri (with a Shadowtag Bullets soldier) and Kali. Though overall a simple 4-button design, I just love what he did with him.

Outside these two, I've read around he's working on Sheena as well, so I'll update this if/when she's available.

I've also ran into an horrible awkwardly-sprited Ton(g) Pooh made with her (limited) MvC sprite set and a nifty Master Meio who is a sprite-swap of Ivan Ooze from the SNES Power Rangers fighter (which, all things considered, fits him pretty nicely!). Stil hoping someone would make Solo, though...poor Bounty Hunter... http://I.imgur.com/4VPqFiB.gif

--------------------
user posted image
The spirit of the warriors will always be with you.
PM
^
 Posted: Dec 30 2014, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

A random fan approacheth!
Group Icon

Zenny: 90

Donate
Member No.: 9

gah, haven't MUGEN'd it up in literally 3-5 years; but, may just look into it!

This post has been edited by Notymenow: Dec 30 2014, 09:37 PM

--------------------
"Wait, Ninja Crusaders makes no sense. What the hell are they crusading for? The spread of ninja-ism? For chi and sushi?" - Persona
"If you turn your swords into plowshares, someone is going to beat you to death with a mouse." - Deadguy2322
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Pronounced: no-time-now
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
Strider Chen
 Posted: Jan 18 2015, 02:46 AM
Quote Post

A fantasy that's dead, or a fantasy of death?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Zenny: 205

Donate
Member No.: 3

Asteroids Champion! Space Invaders Champion! Tetris Champion! Xevious Champion!

Yeah, same here, Noty. I used to be big on MUGEN years ago, but I lost interest in it. However, these seem interesting enough that I feel like trying them out. Maybe I'll download one of the newer versions they've released since last I played and try out a fresh version, instead of my ancient EVE Battle setup from like, 2007. Thanks for pointing these out, Sombra!

What were your takes on the Insane Hiryu and the Chaos Hiryu edits? Speaking of Strider characters, I mean.

Oh, and I was going to say this would better belong in the fangame section, but... There's not really a fangame section (unless you count the fanart section). It's fine here, unless that changes.

This post has been edited by Strider Chen: Jan 18 2015, 02:49 AM

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Jan 19 2015, 03:46 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

Happy to help!

Insane Hiryu I always enjoyed watching the CPU use against other characters, he has some nasty attacks and techniques. The character itself I think was a bit sloppy code-wise (and I could never perform a good portion of his moves, which frustrated me) but he's still worth trying out for those wacky attacks. Besides the concept behind it, a Hiryu turned mad by ZAIN, is certainly funny too.

Don't remember much about Chaos Hiryu, but I think he was a proto/previous version that led into Insane's creation. I can't honestly remember anything particular about him...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Aug 4 2015, 03:11 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

BOH has added a beta version of Sheena for download at the link in the first post. She's given a bunch of different firearms for use and a reloading gimmick which sets her apart as a character. It's worth checking out.

Also, I've discovered that another MUGEN creator, Ahuron, created an edit of MvC Hiryu with techniques and aesthetics from the 2014 game (such as energy glowing Options, palettes based off the Fallen Strider, Catapult variations replacing Excalibur move, Explosive and Ultra-Cold based Gram, etc.). Though perhaps my favorite touch is that any basic Cypher strike will reflect projectiles back at the enemy. Note however that, sprite-wise, he's still MvC Hiryu.

The creator's website is here. It's a bit hard to navigate through, so to get Hiryu click the 4th link in the text at the page's bottom.

If anyone is looking for a full movelist, just ask here. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Dec 16 2015, 03:11 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

Another character of BOH's creation has been uploaded to his One Drive (link in first post): Manga-version Hiryu! (beta version). If you have always wanted to play with a Hiryu who can use limb-severing karate chops left and right, now you can.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Mar 21 2016, 12:42 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

And now it's the turn for BOH's Tong Poo (beta) to be released!!

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=B36D9FB44668F...36D9FB44668FE03

Tong Pooh comes with three special kick attacks (dive kick, classic back-turned kick and somersault kick), Sai and Pei striker assists, a "stomp on the enemy while down" special (which IMO fits her personality really well) and (my personal favorite) a Hyper Combo which adds a second hit performed by either sister to Tong's three kick specials.

Check her out! http://I.imgur.com/zFipdj2.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Aug 20 2016, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

New BOH final release: Solo! While I'm not too hot on the sprite (a lot of Iron Man artifacts in there), Solo plays very nice and has a "booster" gimmick to imitate his flying ability, and he can use it to hover, dash and strike at enemies. He also counts with all his standard weaponry from the first two games (gun, missiles, flamethrower, plasma blasts and even the Halo Wings).

Get him in the usual spot: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=B36D9FB44668F...36D9FB44668FE03

There are also video showcases for all his characters at his site: http://striderboh.web.fc2.com/index.html

Those are uploded in nivovideo, though.

Besides that, one Mugen creator by the name Mazemerald released a MvC-styled Ton Pooh some time ago. It's not as nice as BOH's version IMO, since she has too much random techniques like fireballs and forcefields (?) and no appearance from the sisters, but it's still a nice effort. She's only for the latest Mugen build (1.0+), so she doesn't work in older versions.

If you wanna check her, download here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qa7g78dp...bq/TON+POOH.rar

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Oct 31 2016, 03:12 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

New BOH release: Strider Hien! Beta version currently, this is a brand-new Hien with a sprite design faithful to his artwork/Namco x Capcom appearance rather than the original head-swapped sprite.

Download from the usual OneDrive link.

Here's how he looks like: Attached Image

Attached 1 File(s)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 12:15 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

Quick update, Hien's no longer beta. And for those who wanna see him in action, BOH has posted his demonstration video on Youtube.

I like that he keeps the mythological theme naming on most of his techniques.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
coinilius
 Posted: Jan 5 2017, 06:07 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Zenny: 375

Donate
Member No.: 101

That looks really good - I don't know much about MUGEN but I have seen many things about it and it looks very interesting - I know that the off-shoot of it, openBOR has produced a few different fan games (there's at least a few Splatterhouse fan games).
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 02:43 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

Right, there's one really crappy OpenBOR Strider, where Hiryu is a clone of one "Loryu"...Wish I was kidding.

Anyway, new character has joined BOH's gallery: Grandmaster Meio! Beta release, somewhat clunky but has some creative techniques, including light-based costructs of his summoned animals, as well as Ouroboros and Caduceus for Hyper Combos.

He can be found in the usual spot. Someone also made a video of Hiryu vs. this Grandmaster, but unfortunately due to Meio's lack of AI patterns, he doesn't put up much of a fight nor shows any of his better tricks. Still, if you wanna check how he looks atleast...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Chen
 Posted: Feb 7 2017, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

A fantasy that's dead, or a fantasy of death?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Zenny: 205

Donate
Member No.: 3

Asteroids Champion! Space Invaders Champion! Tetris Champion! Xevious Champion!

QUOTE (coinilius @ Jan 5 2017, 05:05 AM)
That looks really good - I don't know much about MUGEN but I have seen many things about it and it looks very interesting - I know that the off-shoot of it, openBOR has produced a few different fan games (there's at least a few Splatterhouse fan games).

Both are separate projects. They're comparable because they're both highly customizable and can be used in similar ways. MUGEN is a fighting game engine that people can create custom UIs, characters, and stages for, and Beats of Rage is the same for beat-em-ups. However, in regular usage, creators usually release stand-alone content for MUGEN for people to customize and add characters to their liking, while BoR is almost exclusively used for creating a full project. MUGEN can be used in that way as well, like Option Zero tried to, but I haven't seen Beats of Rage used in the modular capacity that MUGEN is known for.

Man, I still gotta set up a new MUGEN set. I want to see the new "official" builds that are out now.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
coinilius
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Zenny: 375

Donate
Member No.: 101

Thanks for the info, Strider Chen - like I said, I'm not very knowledgeable about MUGEN http://I.imgur.com/GUZdhDQ.gif
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 02:08 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

BOH's Grandmaster Meio is now complete.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins
> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
LSCM Zoanthropy Onimusha.ORG Strider Wiki West Mansion: The Splatterhouse Homepage DDS-NET