Flying Swallow? More like Space Swallow, HAHAHAHAH aw yeah

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> MvC Infinite!
Scion238
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

That one guy.
Group Icon

Group: LSCM Webmaster
Zenny: 8705

Donate
Member No.: 8

So this hit my inbox this morning!

SAN FRANCISCO – April 25, 2017 –Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced a Hulk-sized helping of new information for MARVEL VS. CAPCOM®: INFINITE, the highly-anticipated return of the revered action-fighting game series. Imagined and created through a shared vision between the two companies, the game will feature free-form 2v2 team battles integrated into a wide variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multiplayer content for new players and longtime fans alike. MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE will simultaneously release on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One®, and Windows PC across North America on September 19, 2017.

For the first time in franchise history, the Marvel and Capcom universes collide in a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode, as heroes and villains battle together to save their merged worlds from a sinister new threat, Ultron Sigma. A combination of the robotic foes known as Ultron from the Marvel Universe and Sigma from the Capcom Universe, this psychotic villain is obsessed with infecting all organic life with a cybernetic virus. History’s greatest gathering of warriors must now unite to fight back against Ultron Sigma and save their newly formed world.

Announced today, more new characters have joined the battle for survival against the forces of evil in MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE including:

Ultron
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Rocket Raccoon
Chun-Li
Strider Hiryu
Chris Redfield

Each newly-added character will feature unique abilities, iconic special moves and will join other previously-announced characters, including Captain Marvel, Iron Man and Captain America from the Marvel side, and Ryu, Mega Man X and Morrigan from Capcom. The use of powerful, game-changing Infinity Stones further deepens the customized gameplay and allows players to equip and unleash elemental in-game powers, such as Time, Power and Space.

In addition to the compelling cinematic story experience, single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes and vast multiplayer offerings will provide memorable experiences and infinite gameplay possibilities for players of all skill levels. More characters, stages, game features and story mode details will be revealed in the coming months.

Pre-orders for MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE are available beginning today on all platforms for the $59.99 MSRP Standard Edition and $89.99 MSRP Deluxe Edition. The Deluxe Edition includes the main game on PS4 or Xbox One and a 2017 Character Pass, which contains access to six all-new additional post-launch characters including Sigma, the main antagonist from the Mega Man® X series. Pre-order bonuses for all versions in North America include Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu costumes. Check with individual retailers for details in Europe and Australia as some offers may vary. The pre-order bonus for the Deluxe Edition is the same as the Standard Edition, but also includes two additional costumes: Gladiator Hulk and Mega Man Command Mission X. For specific details, please check with individual retailers.

Capcom also confirmed today that a limited MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE Collector’s Edition, brought to you by TriForce, is available now for pre-order on PS4 and Xbox One. It will include four premium character dioramas of Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Mega Man X and Chun-Li, a case filled with six Infinity Stone replicas, as well as SteelBook packaging that contains the Deluxe Edition of the game, all for only $199.99 MSRP. Contents may vary depending on region and for European pricing please check with retailers. All editions and versions of MARVEL VS. CAPCOM: INFINITE will simultaneously release on September 19, 2017.

This post has been edited by Scion238: Apr 25 2017, 01:32 PM

--------------------
For the Paladins of the Zakarum, faith is a shield.
If you don't have faith as a shield, an actual shield is a good substitute.
PMEmail PosterICQAOL
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 05:58 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Wiki Staff Member
Zenny: 4470

Donate
Member No.: 18

Not having free time right now really sucks. But really nice to see the afront that was MvC3 didn't repeated itself (aka Hiryu gets in from the get-go). Too bad he's got a very brief (but awesome) appearance in the trailer

Really looking forward to seeing him in the cinematics.

Some screenshots from GameReactor (they are huge, so can't upload them here)

https://www.gamereactor.es/media/44/newmarv...om_2074413b.png
Apparently his "Formation B (Shot)" move

https://www.gamereactor.es/media/43/newmarv...om_2074333b.png
Hiryu v Ultron

--------------------
user posted image
The spirit of the warriors will always be with you.
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

Gameplay video!

SAVAGE SLASH! YEEES! http://I.imgur.com/qqrosJb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Ichiban
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

SEAP
Group Icon

Group: Members
Zenny: 1855

Donate
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Strider Sombra @ Apr 26 2017, 05:50 PM)

Awesome! That slow motion spin he does just before it begins where his cypher powers up looks really cool! (have slowed the footage down even further to appreciate all the little details laugh.gif ) Should probably finally get ahold of one of those flashy arcade sticks to get the most out of it. Looking forward to September!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Edit: Only just realized that Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was released on Steam back in early December. Doh!

This post has been edited by Strider Ichiban: Apr 29 2017, 07:43 AM

Attached 2 File(s)
PM
^
Strider Chen
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

A fantasy that's dead, or a fantasy of death?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Zenny: 235

Donate
Member No.: 3

Asteroids Champion! Space Invaders Champion! Tetris Champion! Xevious Champion!

The list of 8 new characters actually leaked the night before, but I wasn't sure how to go about posting it. I'm glad this reveal came out very shortly after. Hiryu's appearance in the trailer is awesome. But I feel really bad, because to me it's being overshadowed by:

Attached Image

I can't describe how much I love this. Our hopes for what that villain at the end of the reveal trailer were true, and it's fucking great.

Attached 1 File(s)

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: May 1 2017, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

QUOTE (Strider Ichiban @ Apr 29 2017, 04:36 AM)
QUOTE (Strider Sombra @ Apr 26 2017, 05:50 PM)

Awesome! That slow motion spin he does just before it begins where his cypher powers up looks really cool! (have slowed the footage down even further to appreciate all the little details laugh.gif ) Should probably finally get ahold of one of those flashy arcade sticks to get the most out of it. Looking forward to September!

Thanks for those gif! I really wanted to see the move in slow-mo. It's soo good to finally get some actual new moves for Hiryu, was really disappointed the only new thing in UMvC3 was a stupid turn slash. Also very happy they dropped the yelllow glow from the Cypher. Never been a fan of that, looked strange.

Can't wait to know more about this game! It was great to see Sigma back in all his glory (although I'd have preferred him in his X4 getup), can't wait to see his gameplay like. Hope they get some move inspiration from the X4 animated battle against Zero. September can't get fast enough! http://I.imgur.com/qqrosJb.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 03:02 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

So, E3 trailers hit a few days ago and we got some extra Strider representation in the story. I gotta say I wasn't expecting anything but this...I'm really hyped!

Attached Image

Grandmaster Meio made a sudden and completely unexpected appearance there! In his latest look, he's apparently one of the villains holding a Infinity Stone (the Power one) and has "rewritten the core routines" of Zero to make him his subordinate (also, Zero af! http://I.imgur.com/BrrUjHD.gif ). Chances seem high he's only a story boss character (here's hoping I'm wrong!), but anyway it's a pleasant surprise to see he was chosen to be part of the story at all, knowing there are so many Capcom villains more popular than him.

The 2014 Third Moon gets also to appears as his "home stage", merged with the Guardians of the Galaxy Knowhere area to form "Knomoon". And is that a giant Gravitron I see in the background? Maybe that's why it's missing in Strider, Meio got it shipped to the Marvel universe before being defeated. tongue.gif

Anyway, nice extended representation I wasn't expecting at all, on par with MvC1 which is very pleasant!

Attached 1 File(s)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 02:40 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

A bit double-posting I know, but I just found most of Hiryu's movelist from the game. Unfortunately Hyper Combos are cut-off, but I can confirm Ragnarok (or atleast the running animation for it, since it was blocked in the video I saw) is back so Hiryu gets 4 Hyper Combos.

Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Hiryu's movelist is largely the same, only with two new little moves added to his arsenal: A new command normal a-la Arch Cut called "Lateral Slice" (done on air and ground) and two new moves doble from the Wall Climb: Cypher Lateral Slice (again? Ugh) and Raikiri Slash (atleast it has an interesting name).

Other interesting change is Formation A1 (tiger) and A2 (eagle) are command normals now, which means they are done with a simple forward + HP/HK instead of down-back motion. The Options also now stop for a second after summon before rushing forward and disappear if Hiryu is hit (unlike UMvC3 where they continued even if Hiryu got hit).

If anyone wants, I can dig up some gameplay vids.

Attached 4 File(s)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Jul 22 2017, 04:10 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

Latest reveal roundup confirmed Meio is not playable (big surprise), but it seems he's not even a story-only boss either (which is total bs). I haven't heard the actual word from the panel on this, so maybe this is a misunderstanding, since it'd be such a waste to make him and don't use him as anything more than cutscene fodder for what's probably 2-3 scenes. But it's Capcom, so...bleh.

Also, Knowmoon's artwork from the panel. Looks like the Strider 2 Third Moon from outside.

Attached Image

Attached 1 File(s)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Scion238
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 12:53 PM
Quote Post

That one guy.
Group Icon

Donate

I'd imagine Meio's too "niche" to be a story boss, from the POV of TBTB. He's also a little too over-powered to be a lesser boss to the likes of Ultron Sigma.

Although, if Ultron Sigma's got Thanos on a leash, who knows?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterICQAOL
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Jul 25 2017, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

According to a website's summary they expanded a bit on Meio's role during the panel:

QUOTE (Whoever spoke at the panel)

The next location we got to see art for was Knowmoon, a mashup of Knowhere and The Third Moon. Here we find Rocket, of course. We see the giant floating head from Guardians merged with the glowing core and space station from Strider. Here is where we see the game’s Grandmaster Meio as an NPC. Meio wants to manipulate life and control it and has been working with Ultron Sigma.

I call into question Meio working with Ultron Sigma and wanting to control life, given US's entire stitch is to eliminate all biological life... so how does that team up work? Are the two(three?) villains waiting for a "you've-outlived-your-usefulness" moment to get rid of the other? Also, I'm starting to think that big orb on the Xgard stage with all the cables around is a Gravitron as well, so maybe Meio (or his work) gets a bigger part than I expected on this all.

Attached Image

Still think it's BS if he turns out a non-boss entity (hell, the trailer where he appears seems to be setting up a fight even!), but in either way I'm happy he's been aknowledged as a big enough threat to be part of the Big Bad Teamup in-story and was even given an Infinity Stone to use. Reminds me of his great treatment as a major villain in Namco x Capcom.

Also, I've noticed Hiryu's red color alt was slightly altered from the Ultimate version (gold arm/leg wraps changed to blue, white chest logo changed to yellow), and now it closely matches Hiryu's red color from the PSX port.

Attached Image

I'm really liking the increased number of nods to the series overall, something Ultimate sorely lacked. Really hoping to see more details like this! http://I.imgur.com/qqrosJb.gif

Attached 2 File(s)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Aug 18 2017, 03:15 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

New trailer, has some more Hiryu and Meio scenes (like Hiryu and Gamora killing him, ouch). Seeing Meio surrounded by two Ultron Drones (not shocked he didn't get his own troopers, but sad nonetheless) makes me believe this is a setup for a boss battle, I really hope that's the case.

Also, official site finally included bios!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/mvci/character/str...ryu.html#capcom

Sadly, no JP VA listed which, coupled with other factors, seems to indicate we are not getting JP voices in this one. A damn shame for those who like Yuji Ueda's Hiryu.

Here's a quick translation of his bio:

Full name: Unknown.
"Striders" is an intelligence organization with a long history.
Among the Striders, Strider Hiryu is an elite intelligence operative and the youngest to attain the title of Special A-Class.
Specialized in covert ops and assassination, he's a man who freely utilizes ninjutsu and high-tech weaponry.
There seems to be rumors that his target, Grandmaster Meio, is working together with Ultron Sigma, and apparently Hiryu joined the resistance in order to investigate this."

I sometimes wonder if Hiryu gets tired of hunting down Meio throughout the multiverse. Or if Meio gets tired of getting killed that many times. laugh.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Scion238
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

That one guy.
Group Icon

Donate

That sounds like a Wreck-It Ralph idea there, Sombra.

Also, that render of Hiryu on the MvCI site reminds me of the render they used in CFAS:CH, for some reason. Am I the only one?

--------------------
PMEmail PosterICQAOL
^
coinilius
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Zenny: 475

Donate
Member No.: 101

Hiryu has taken part in more dimension-spanning adventures than just regular ones http://I.imgur.com/BrrUjHD.gif
PM
^
Strider Sombra
 Posted: Sep 15 2017, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Donate

Sadly true.

QUOTE (Scion238 @ Sep 8 2017, 12:59 PM)
That sounds like a Wreck-It Ralph idea there, Sombra.

Also, that render of Hiryu on the MvCI site reminds me of the render they used in CFAS:CH, for some reason. Am I the only one?

I can just picture Hiryu moving from game to game to kill Meio, lol.

And the render? I guess it may be the face, the expression is similar.

By the way, got a look at a Story Mode stream. It got taken down quickly, but got Meio's entire presence in story mode out of it, so unless you mind spoilers...

Spoiler (Show/Hide)

Grandmaster Meio is helping Ultron Sigma create a biological version of the Maverick Virus (which only works on machines as in the Mega Man X series). The plan apparently is to drop the infected Gravitron into the atmosphere so it'd spread the virus all across the world.

As it turns out, he's not really a boss battle...he flies around in the background of a single battle against a bunch of Ultron Drones, throwing energy orbs and pillars at the player while mumbling one-liners. Then Hiryu and Gamora come up and kill him in one hit, during a cutscene. Damn, not even a "battle" with Hiryu, it's all really disappointing, but nothing I wasn't expecting in the end. I guess I'm happy he's there at all, and is pivotal in the big bad's big plan to wipe out humanity.

Funny enough he's got more presence than freaking Dormammu in the story, who just comes in for 1 battle then teleports away like a total chump. Talk about underwhelming.

Hiryu also explains to Gamora that he's forever connected to Meio and has been killing him for thousands of lives. So for the first time they address that plot point and decided to go with reincarnation as the answer. Bleh, atleast it's not the "I'm 2000 years old and survived by super-medicine gais!" diatribe.

Anyway, here's Hiryu's third color:

Attached Image

Anyone has any idea if this can be a reference to something? The one thing bothering me is the purple hair. Why the purple hair? Seems like a random change if this is just a random/generic color, but really I can't come up with anything yellow/purple from either the series or Capcom in general that could serve as a reference. Maybe the Light Troopers??? A Kazakh palette?? I'm at a loss...

And finally, we got new Hiryu merch: Funko Pop!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Attached 3 File(s)

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Skin made by Kman of Kskins
> Affiliates [ View All | Link-us ]
LSCM Zoanthropy Onimusha.ORG Strider Wiki West Mansion: The Splatterhouse Homepage DDS-NET